Sunday, September 24, 2017

Pretty Girl Thirteen by Liz Coley Review

I have had this on my to read shelf on GoodReads for years, and I finally decided to get some books off of the old end! This was one of them. And oh my GOD, I'm so glad I did! This book was... crazy.

I only knew that the book was about a 13 year old girl who comes home - and her parents tell her that she's been missing for three years. But it gets more mysterious than that! I checked when I told my coworker about the book (who is now going to read it too), it's not a spoiler: She has developed dissociative identity disorder because of the trauma she has experienced. I find that really fascinating! I've seen some crime shows where characters have had it, and found it really exciting.

I finished the book in less than 24 hours (a day which included sleep and work - but I have to admit, I did read a little at work), I had such a hard time putting it down! The main character Angie discovering her personalities and what happened to her, while trying to adjust to being 16 and going back to normal life.

I thought that this was just a regular YA book, and I have mostly outgrown that type of books, but this didn't contain a lot of.. ''teenage-ness''. But this was a psychological mystery! So I really loved it. But I wouldn't recommend it for young teens - this book is not for the fainthearted. If you like crime shows / novels, plus psychological stuff, this is definitely something you need to read!

Click here to get the book!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Make my day!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...